Saturday, August 22, 2015

The Duggars

I made a comment awhile back about the Duggars that I thought it was not a bad thing that they kept popping out kids.  I now fully retract that statement.  They obviously have too many kids to care for all of them.

When it came to light 3 months ago that Josh had molested his sisters and one other girl.  His parents gave an interview that defended their actions of not reporting him sooner and basically dismissed their daughters' feelings on the subject.  They acted like the situation wasn't a huge deal until he started touching their very young daughter.  As a survivor of incestuous abuse, I was absolutely disgusted by their attitude on the whole situation.  I couldn't believe that they didn't do more to protect their daughters.  They were more interested in protecting Josh's name now.

It was revealed this week from hackers that Josh had two paid subscriptions to Ashley Madison, the website for cheaters.  He even paid extra to guarantee himself an affair.  He is obviously a pig and a cheater.  The worst part about this is that his poor wife, Anna, just had their fourth baby.  To my knowledge, Anna has never worked during their marriage.  She helped out a bit at their car lot but Josh made all the decisions.  Anna has no means to support herself and its likely that her family and Josh's will urge her to forgive him and stay with him.  I'm sure she will look at this as one big test from God, not the sign to run far away like it should be.  Anna has no financial options to leave Josh except for going after him for child support. I feel so sorry for Anna.  Nobody deserves the shit that she is going through.

The whole situation is terrible.  Their culture really sets woman back 100 years or more.  What are your thoughts on the Duggar situation?

12 comments:

  1. I read that she blamed herself too. He needs a serious smack upside his head and the parents need looking at to make sure nothing else might be going on in that house. How horrible but after this if Anna stays with him, I can't understand. Wouldn't her family help her and her children? Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I remember right, she came from a poorer family and her dad was just thrilled that she was marrying a Duggar. You would think they would still help but who knows?

      Delete
    2. Yeah, she has an interesting family. One of her sisters lives in Zambia with their 9 (or 10-I can't remember) children and her missionary husband. There is not much money in Anna's family. (Money isn't everything in life, I realize, but it would give Anna a whole lot more flexibility right now) I wonder how much money Josh & Anna actually have in their name or if most of the wealth from their various endeavors is still under the parent's control.

      Delete
  2. My thoughts? He's a disgusting pig and if I were his poor wife, i'd kick his sorry ass out of the house, sue for child support and freaking go on welfare/foodstamps if I had to! But I would NOT let that "man" beside me or my children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! This is the exact situation that welfare and food stamps were created for. Anything would be better than staying with him.

      Delete
  3. Anna knew about what josh did as a child and married him anyway. That fact makes it harder for me to feel sorry for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I just think that she was incredibly naive. Hopefully here eyes have opened.

      Delete
  4. "I'm sure she will look at this as one big test from God, not the sign to run far away like it should be." This! It disgusts me when people use God(s) as an excuse for their own actions or someone else's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You (Josh and others) have to be very careful where you throw stones, because it seems invariably one bounces back and smacks you right upside your narrow visioned head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting comment. To be honest, I'm probably not going to give him grace. I think this stone actually already caught me in the middle of the forehead 12 years ago. I was knocked down and out and my life forever changed.

      Delete
  6. This religion is nothing short of a cult. It devalues women and places the blame on them for everything. How they managed to woo so many people is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. People living two lives disgust me. If he wants to have sex with lots of women and live that lifestyle, then go live it! I feel really sorry his wife and children.

    ReplyDelete