Thursday, November 12, 2015

401k Maxed Out

With my paycheck tomorrow, my 401k will be officially maxed out for the year.  It's been a little hard at times to have $18,000 withdrawn from my checks throughout the year but I don't regret it for one minute.  Going into this year, it wasn't my plan to max it out but as we got out of debt, I decided to go for it.

In the future, I do plan to continue maxing out my 401k.  I upped my contributions for next year to 17% to start with.  I will likely have to tinker with them throughout the year to try to max it out while putting at least 5% of every check to get mg employer's match.

This is definitely a goal for next year too!!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow well done!! You have worked very hard to make this happen. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! We've maxed out our Roth IRAs but haven't come close to doing a 401(k). Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contributing at least to the company match is a no-brainer and maxing out is stellar...congrats!
    Your old retired self will thank you one day. ;-)

    ReplyDelete