Saturday, November 7, 2015

Lazy Day with the Kiddos

Y went hunting for the long weekend so I'm just chilling with the kids for the weekend.  Lil Punk has wanted to buy the movie Home for awhile so we rented it yesterday.  We watched it on my bed as we only have the Blue Ray player in the living room.  We had fun cuddling on our bed watching the movie.  We also watched it this morning as soon as the kids woke up.  It's a very good movie.  I think I will buy it for Lil Punk.

Today the kids and I went to see Peanuts the Movie in the theater today.  I thought I was nuts for bringing them by myself.  Lil G isn't even two years old yet.  We did the popcorn and Powerade snack for the movie.  The movie was disappointing but I was impressed with how well the kids did.  Lil G sat on my lap almost the whole time and Lil Punk went down to the first row to sit with the other kids upfront.  We didn't go with friends but all the other kids around her age sat in the front row so I let her also.

We then went to the park.  I ran into my friend and her kids there.  We played for over an hour but it got chilly when the sun set.  It was around 50 when we got there so it was a very nice late fall day.  It's supposed to be even nicer tomorrow.

The Vikings play at noon tomorrow.  I'm hoping Y is home in time for the game.  I miss him.  We haven't seen him since Thursday morning.  I hope he shoots a deer tomorrow morning so we have venison.  I like venison more than he does.

I love just hanging out with my kids.  They are two little people who amaze me every day. It seems like they are getting big so quickly.  Lil G turns 2 this week.  Where has the time gone?  

9 comments:

  1. What a great weekend! Even if the movie didn't end up being that great, it sounds like Lil Punk enjoyed herself - that counts for a lot. Lots of mom and kiddie bonding going on - even better. Hope Y brings back your deer. Sounds like you'll be all set for the winter with a cow, pig and deer in the freezer! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He didn't get a deer so no venison but we're happy he's home!

      Delete
  2. I think that was a terrific weekend. I still enjoy watching movies and going out with my kids....and they are way older than yours.

    I feel like Lil G was just born....where did 2 yrs go? Are you still nursing at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's flown by. I quit nursing completely when he was 13 months old. I was ready to be done at that point and he had transitioned to regular milk. Plus, that's the time it's good for Daddy to step up and have everything be truly equal. :)

      Delete
  3. I want to see that movie "Home" too. LOL. I need a grandkid :) My DH talked on the phone last night with one of his friends who is out hunting (and apparently got cell reception!) and said his group got 2 deer so far. I take it they all split it up, whatever they get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home was such a good movie. Sometimes I get bored with the kids movies but not this one. I think we'll actually buy it. Right now they watch Frozen over and OVER again.

      Delete
  4. What a great day and what a great mom for making the day happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne! That's a very nice thing to say.

      Delete
  5. It sounds wonderful. I miss when Anna and DJ were little sometimes. Not the messes but the cuddling.

    ReplyDelete