Sunday, January 3, 2016

December 2015 Dividends

This is a recap of dividends received and new stocks purchased for December.
CAPCX      60.76
BCICX        43.81
COH           22.88
HAL           13.31
BP              33.89
X                  9.65
COP           25.35
Total.        209.35

For purchases, I bought $300 of NYMT which has a crazy dividend yield of 17%.  It's a bit risky but I'm comfortable with that.  I also added $500 into our mutual funds.

One of my goals for 2016 is to earn $2000 in dividends in our taxable investments so I will be keeping track of it.  I like dividend stocks but I'm also willing to buy non-dividend stocks.  I knew that X (US Steel) didn't have the best dividends when I bought it but I'm hoping that the stock price increases.  I will really need to add to my account to get to the $2000 mark but I like a good challenge.

2 comments:

  1. This might be a silly question but how do you keep track of those numbers/ how do you know how much you get from a specific stock? I haven't looked into individual stocks yet so I'm not sure how this all works. I hope you reach your goal though! It'll be interesting to watch thru out the year if you share the updates. :) Hopefully I can learn a thing or two

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get a notice about the dividend. I have it set up so the dividends are automatically reinvested. When I get a dividend, it buys more shares. I don't necessarily know what I'm doing but I just do it. I don't want to not do something because I don't know everything about it.

      Delete