Tuesday, February 16, 2016

2015 Taxes Filed

I finished our 2015 taxes today. We are getting back $2460 for federal and $265 from state.  Y and I have talked about what we will do and come to an agreement.  We will split $2000. He is free to do what he wants with his but he knows that I'm against him buying reloading equipment for safety reasons.

I had to think really hard about what I want to do with mine.  Usually if I want clothes or shoes, they come out of our regular budget.  The one splurge that I would like is to hire a designer to finish my house.  I want to hire a main wall painted.  I also need a little help finishing off the design.  I'm naturally a minimalist but its a fine line to decorate as a minimalist.  I don't do knick knacky things and I don't want my walls to look cluttered.  I'm going to enlist my friend to paint and we will see where to go from there.  A friend of mine told me about an online design service.


8 comments:

  1. I would struggle with the dilemma you described, both because of the safety reasons, as well as getting over the idea of splurging. What about a trip with a girlfriend, or a weekend getaway with your husband? Decorating is also a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We talked about it and he will not spend the money on reloading equipment out of respect for my wishes. I'm actually going to do a weekend in Minneapolis with my sister in March. She went back to school late so it will be a super fun trip on a budget. We always have so much fun together.

      Delete
  2. Pinterest has a ton of great design ideas if you are in need of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm good at certain things but terrible at others. I know what I like but I just can't pull it together. I'm going to ask a friend who has great taste to come over and help me.

      Delete
  3. Glad you decided how to use the refund. Nice that your wishes are being honored, also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is a great idea. Den loves stuff. I'm not a stuff sort of gal. sigh. It feels as if he is winning. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I decided to get crazy this year and file my taxes in February instead of April. What a load off my mind. The taxes were completed without any stress and now I am not nervous for the next two months as the deadline approaches. The piece of mind you get is worth every penny, I highly recommend trying it this year.

    Wanda Hanson @ Tax Tiger

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband and I often get money back on taxes, and we also split the money for personal pursuits. I have often chosen to do things that will make my life easier such as buying a dishwasher, but I never thought about hiring a designer. That's such a great idea. My husband said he'll chip in if I need more money for it.

    ReplyDelete