Friday, April 29, 2016

April 2016 Savings

We saved $1400 this month.  $500 to our regular mutual fund account, $500 for Twitter stock that I purchased yesterday and $400 to my new car fund.  My income is down quite a bit for the year and that is reflecting in our savings.  I couldn't resist buying Twitter at a steal this week.  I would like to think that I'm a dividend investor but really I just like getting a deal.  I bought about $3300 in US Steel stock last fall and it's now up over 90% so I've made over $3000 on just that one stock.  I'm kind of addicted to deals like that.

Truthfully, saving is much harder than paying off debt.  I do think that I'm a good saver and I still think that.  I think its basically that there is never really an end to saving.  You can meet your goal but there is always something more.  My motivation ebbs and flows with respect to saving.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with Twitter. :) I've been thinking about buying some too, but I don't have the guts to pull the trigger lol. The company has a lot of upside potential, but there are also risks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buying individual stocks scares me at this point. It sounds like you've had some really great successes with it.

    ReplyDelete