Monday, June 20, 2016

Busy Summer

We are having a great summer so far.  Last weekend we went on a camping/kayak trip.  Y's best friend and his family came with us.  We tented it in a remote camp site.  The bathroom was an outhouse and we forgot toilet paper.  Thank goodness for baby wipes!  We dropped the kayaks and one canoe upstream about 7 miles and kayaked back to camp.  It took us about 4 hours on the river.  Our kids loved it and it was the prefect day for it.  We roasted smores that night and stayed up late around the fire.  I've decided that my kids don't have a bedtime when we camp anymore.  They sleep when they're tired.  That way I don't have to deal with crying kids.  The next day we kayaked down river for about an hour and Y picked us up.  Some of my friends told me that I'm crazy to go on a kayak camping trip with little kids but that seems to be easier than taking them to the grocery store.

My garden is coming in like crazy.  The veggies are growing and so are the weeds.  So far I've eaten spinach, green onions and radishes.  Lots more coming up!!

Money is fine.  Not great but not terrible.  Overall, I'm just kind is sick of money.  I want to focus on other things this summer than money.  I'm sure that I will visit my monetary goals at the end of this month but I needed a bit of a break.

2 comments:

  1. So happy you had a great trip! Making memories is more important for the kids than anything else you can do right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me happy :) Enjoy the summer & the memories you're making!

    ReplyDelete