Thursday, August 18, 2016

Pulled the Trigger

I pulled the trigger today and hired a house cleaner.  It's actually a friend of mine.  I knew that she cleaned a commercial building but I asked her this week if she cleans houses also.  She said she does and offered to give me a reference.  I talked it over with Y and we decided to go for it.  I'm paying her $20 per hour cash.  I don't know how long it will take her so we will see.  She will come over every other week.  I'm so excited.  It does feel odd that somebody will be in my space and cleaning but I look forward to coming home to a spotless house tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. I have mixed feelings about it (for the reasons you mentioned), but it is pretty glorious to come home to a clean house. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an occasional house help (I use her before parties) and it is wonderful to go out shopping for the party fixings and come home to a clean house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are so, so going to enjoy this! We've only hired house cleaner's for one off events. Right before Christmas, the spring - that sort of thing. My mom has someone that comes every other week and she loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a friend's daughter do this for me at one point for a few months. She came in once a week and it was MARVELOUS! It does feel a bit weird at first as you adjust to it, but if she does a good job, is happy to do it and you get a clean house out of it, it's so worth it. I'd absolutely do it again if I had the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete