Thursday, September 15, 2016

Savings Update

I'm rocking my savings goals for the year.  My big fat goal was to save $50,000 this year.  It didn't look like I would make it the first six months of the year but things are perking up.  This month we saved $9523, bringing the total for the year to $37,559.  This quarter has been fantastic financially, not so much for work life balance.

In July, I put new goals that helped motivate me to save.

  1. Increase saving to $10,000--check
  2. Y's Roth $5500--money is saved.  I just need to make sure we are under the income limit before actually putting it in the account but it's set aside
  3. My Roth IRA--money is saved as of today
  4.  Save $10,000 to finish basement--$3000 saved so far
  5. Save $10,000 to buy stocks--$3000 saved as of today.  I'm thinking I will buy either Walmart or Target, not sure which.  
The elephant in the room is that I've been stressed this quarter to get to this point.  I was talking to my best friend and she pushed me to ask for more professional support.  The next day I asked one of my bosses for more hours with an assistant.  She readily concurred and told me to ask for whatever need.  

I like my job but I don't like the stress.  Is it possible to be challenged, make a lot of money and have very little stress?  If so, at what job?

2 comments:

  1. First of all, a big giant congrats! You are crushing your savings goals. Nice work! And, if you ever find that job, please let me know. ;-) I find that the money, challenge & minimal stress never go together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Lol, if you find that job let me know too!

    ReplyDelete