Thursday, November 10, 2016

Post Election

These last two days have been phenomonal.  For the first time in a long time, I'm hopeful for our country.  I am certain that our country will be great again.  Every time my coworker walks by my office, we do a little dance.

I got off work and voted on Tuesday. I went home and turned on the TV. I eagerly awaited the polls closing.  I watched as Florida became very close but still wasn't called.  Then as I watched Virginia become a very close race, I had a realization that this might not be a gimme for Hillary.  With amazement, I watched as Florida, Ohio, and Wisconsin all went for Trump.  I watched the biased media freak out and wonder how this could happen.

This is how I think it happened.  The biased media always tells us how we should be.  We should be for every woman's right to choose an abortion, even in the third trimester, when abortion offends me greatly.  We should be welcoming for Syrians coming into our country when we have an issue with radical Islam.  We should welcome men dressed as women into locker rooms with our daughters.  We should welcome all illegals into our country when we do have a system in place for them to go through the hoops to become citizens.

Hillary thinks the people who like Trump are deplorable.  She hob-knobs with celebrities.  She panders to black people with comments about hot sauce.  I was labeled as a white, uneducated to be a supporter of Trump.  I just got sick of it and needed to make sure I voted. I wanted my voice heard even though I was certain it wouldn't make a difference.

Thankfully, enough people thought like me and now we have a change from establishment politics.  The irony is not lost on me about the protesters.  Obama was elected twice and Republicans did not protest either time.  The liberals thought they had it in the bag and don't take losing well.  

I'm so thankful to be an American this week.

6 comments:

  1. Isn't is amazing that we were called "uneducated" but they are the ones rioting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about the protesters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't have said it better myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly my feelings. I'm a college educated female, and I voted for Trump. Imagine that! and guess what? I'm not racist, I'm not homophobic, etc. I, too, find the rioting extremely ironic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also part of the "silent majority". I'm a classical violinist and in the music world, probably 99% of musicians are foaming-at-the-mouth liberal. So naturally, I tend to keep quiet when I"m working with them. You can imagine what my Facebook newsfeed looked like last week as their heads were reeling with shock--they were just so sure that the entire country thought exactly like they did. Nope guys, you're just louder. And when you use bully tactics to silence people who don't agree with you...guess what! They'll just make their voices heard at the polls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited.Thank you.

    เย็ดสาว

    ReplyDelete