Monday, December 26, 2016

Car Update

I bought a different car.  My old car was not totaled out by the inaurance company bit I was offered a very good deal by the bodyshop.  They offered me $5000.  I thought the most I would have gotten would be $3500-4000 so I sold it.

After car shopping for a couple weeks, I bought a 2015 Dodge Durango.  I wanted an SUV with all wheel drive and third row seating.  I'm looking forward not to getting stuck this winter.

We paid cash for the new car.  I wasn't planning on buying a new vehicle so soon but life happens.  I had the car fund, plus selling my car, and I pulled the rest from various accounts.  I feel very poor now and don't want to spend any money.  It feels good to pay for this car in cash but also nerve-wracking to spend that much in one sweep.

5 comments:

  1. Good for you for avoiding car debt. I think besides c/c debt it's the most dangerous to a financial plan.
    Hope you have many happy years with this car. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a powerful experience - to be able to buy it in cash. No monthly payments, just monthly adding to your savings again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on paying cash for your new-to-you car (and for the confidence of not getting stuck this winter!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I salute you for such a good job. I envy, congrats on paying cash to your new car.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a good thing to know that you were able to get your car in cash. kudos!

    ReplyDelete